Wing Chun is a concept based on Southern Chinese martial art. It is a form of self-defence utilizing both striking and grappling specializing in close range combat. This martial art is a style of Kung Fu, which means time and effort. It originally refers to any skill painstakingly learnt. There are three main reasons why Wing Chun became so popular:
- Wing Chun can be practised by people of many sizes, shapes and degrees of athletic ability.
- It is very practical and suitable in the modern world.
- It can be learned in a short period of time.
Wing Chun dummy makes the training of Wing Chun more efficient and effective. It is a wooden structure which has an arm and leg configuration designed to cultivate fighting skills. Wing Chun dummy has arm and leg configuration which represents an opponent’s body in various positions and lines of force the body can give out. Wing Chun dummy is mounted on the wooden slats that have a springiness, which very similar to a human opponent’s involuntary reaction. This springiness allows the trainee fighter to absorb energy into the opponent’s stance. Mounted dummy is called “alive” dummy. And the dummy without mounting is called “ dead” dummy.
Enhance your accuracy, courage, determination, endurance, strength and speed, by using a wing Chun dummy while your training. Wing Chun dummy is a great work tool for both your home and for commercial use in martial arts gym. Get your aggressions out right now, simply order a Wing Chun dummy, online. It is a major stress reliever, that can withstand your punches or kicks. Wing Chun dummy is suitable for both male and female trainees of any range of age.
Table of Contents
Wing Chun Dummy with a Master! What Does it Do?
Things to consider when buying Wing Chun dummy:
Frankly speaking, let me reveal that a wing Chun dummy is an investment you make. Be very careful about the features of the Wing Chun dummy, when you are selecting one to buy for your training. Use the STAMPED method while selecting a wing Chun dummy:
Select the wing Chun dummy whose size is adjustable according to your own height. Make sure it fits in where you intend to use it. Make sure there is enough space for your new wing Chun dummy and you to fit into your apartment. Buy the wing Chun dummy whose frame has suitable height and width, and at least three positions to adjust the height of the dummy. Adjustable dummies are suitable for both yourself and your kids of any height range.
There are three major types of dummies to practice Wing Chun, you have to carefully select the best type that can fit into your apartment easily:
- Balanced dummy: This dummy has a single arm, protruding straight out from the front, moves up and down, anchored with a rope and heavyweight. Nowadays it is anchored to a spring to the rear. The arms protrude out in a “V” shape. An additional lower arm is substitute with dummy’s leg. Sandbags are mounted on the front and sides, which are struck for hand and finger.
- Breaking hand dummy: This dummy features a swinging arm around the shoulder level and a rotor like an arm at head height. Sandbags are also hanging. The arms are coordinated so that striking the swinging arm causes the rotation of the helicopter arm. The best use of this dummy is to train quick reactions for counterattacks.
- Horse dummy: The shape of this dummy is like a horse. The main body is a heavy log carrying two frames, a tall one at the front and the short one in the rear. The frame is mounted with the horizontal crossbar that is perpendicular to the log. This frame has a spring mechanism that is connected to the wheels. When this horse dummy is pushed back, it charges forward, forcing you to control the dummy, through good stance.
All types of dummies train coordination and speed, you have to select the one that you find affordable and suitable.
Choose the wing Chun dummy that can help you with self-defence, even if you are unarmed. Use of an unlicensed weapon by a civilian is illegal, BUT self-defence is necessary for at least women. Wing Chun dummy is a necessary accessory for such practice. This empty hand practice is based on the reflexive movements, training you to respond instantly and instinctually to a surprise attack as compared to a fight.
Select the wing Chun dummy that is made up of genuine wood, not plastic or metal imitation or a substitute. You can feel strength and serenity, the moment you touch the real wooden wing Chun dummy. Real wooden wing Chun dummy has great benefits for the training even of a novice. Select the wing Chun dummy with which at least two complimentary striking pads are included. Ash, teak, oak, maple and Elmwood are the ideal woods for the construction of a sturdy wing Chun dummy.
Buy the wing Chun dummy whose arms can be adjusted to any levelled or staggered position. Remember the simple rule of thumb for the proper height is when the dummy upper arms are at your shoulder height. Thicker than normal arm pegs are preferable. Buy the recoil stand that is space saving.
- Easy to store:
Buy the wooden wing Chun dummy that is specifically designed for urban areas. Buy the wooden wing Chun dummy that can be easily used in confined space like a cramped hallway, stairwell or even an elevator. Let us now accept the fact that our apartments are narrow enough, and it’s nearly impossible to have a separate training area for personal use.
Order the wing Chun dummy that arrives within 10 business days. Choose the online store that offers free worldwide shipping. It is preferable to buy the Wing Chun dummy that has a lifetime warranty. In order to receive your new wing Chun dummy conveniently remember to give your exact postal zip code.
Top 10 Best Rated Wing Chun Dummy
[amazon bestseller=”Wing Chun Dummy” items=”10″ ]